Resource Development Associate
16-week contract, full time
Working under the direction of the Interim Chief Executive Officer, the Resource Development Associate supports resource development and fundraising income through direct work on strategies including, but not limited to the annual fundraising campaign, special events, sponsorships, individual giving, and workplace campaigns.
The position is relationship-oriented and focused on furthering the mission of the United Way in Chatham-Kent. The ideal candidate approaches situations with a positive mindset, has a can-do attitude and is eager to bring service-oriented perspectives and experience to our team. We are committed to being an organization that promotes respect, equity and inclusion.
• Together with the Resource Development team, implements the annual fundraising campaign plan
• Assists in development of campaign material
• Supports and assists workplace fundraising initiatives as a lead UWOCK contact and provides ongoing support of workplaces
• Assists in creation, development and delivery of campaign-oriented presentations and events
• Develops and maintains relationships with business donors and partners as assigned
• Manages and supervises other UWOCK-led initiatives and programming as assigned
• Works to ensure that donor database information is up to date and accurate, including ensuring that donor acknowledgement protocols are maintained and followed
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing, lapsed and new workplaces, and with businesses, and seeks opportunities for new partnerships
• Assists and supports the development, coordination and implementation of all special events, including campaign-related fundraisers etc.
• Provides leadership and support to all UWOCK special events or launches, and represents UWOCK at community-based events
• Researches and implements special events
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
• Experience in fundraising, sales, or communications
• Relevant post-secondary education, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate to inspire community support and impact
• Strong organizational skills including project management, multi-tasking, planning, prioritizing and time management with attention to deadlines and detail
• Willingness and ability to work flexible hours to attend meetings or participate in special events which occur before or after regular office hours including evenings and weekends
• Respectful of privacy requirements with an ability to handle confidential information with utmost discretion, both at work and away
• Flexible, tactful, diplomatic with sound judgement
• Reliable transportation is required for presentations and special events throughout Chatham-Kent as part of the role
• Ability to lift to 50 lbs to be able to complete physical set up for indoor and outdoor events
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite programs
• Champions diversity, equity, and inclusion, and applies this lens to their work
Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Please include a cover letter with salary expectations, and resume with your application and send it by email to [email protected]
United Way in Chatham-Kent is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our team. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (A.O.D.A.) please contact us should you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process.