26-Week Contract, full time
Reporting to the CEO, the Accounting Clerk collaborates with the Finance Coordinator and is responsible for the day-to-day data entry that supports the organization and its work within the local community. The Accounting Clerk takes a direct role in bookkeeping and preparation of finance-related reports for internal use, and works closely with the Finance Coordinator in responding to audit inquiries.
- In conjunction with Resource Development, data entry of pledges and gifts data in Donation Tracker CRM;
- Lead report creation in Donation Tracker, prepare charitable tax receipts;
- Ongoing data entry for gifts and non-gift related revenue into QuickBooks and effective cross-entry with Donation Tracker;
- Processing accounts payable and receivable on an ongoing basis;
- Monthly bank account and credit card reconciliation and preparation of draft financial statements and related reports for Finance Coordinator and senior management review;
- Support for Resource Development team by producing reports relating to RD as required;
- Preparation and delivery of finance information and reports relating to centrally coordinated United Way campaigns, and financial reporting for United Way Centraide Canada;
- Prepare for and support annual external audit and other external audits or reviews;
- Special project work relating to finance as requested;
- Adhere to internal processes from United Way Centraide Canada’s (UWCC) financial reporting standards;
- Work collaboratively with all team members;
- Playing a highly active role, working in partnership with the UWOCK team as needed, to assist with organizational events, including but not limited to donor, fundraising, volunteer appreciation, and campaign events, etc.;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Champions diversity, equity, and inclusion, and applies this lens to their work
Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Please include a cover letter with salary expectations, and resume with your application and send it by email to [email protected]
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 26 weeks
Salary: $22.00-$26.00 per hour – depending on experience
United Way in Chatham-Kent is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our team. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (A.O.D.A.) please contact us should you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process.