Van with a Plan celebrates one year on the road this month, and our mobile outreach vehicle shows no signs of slowing down!
This community resource now reaches neighbours across Chatham-Kent through the bookings of our service partners who have the ability to use the Van free of charge, 24/7. In fact, the Van has now clocked more than 5800km on the streets of CK -- that's like driving from Chatham to Dawson City, Yukon Territory!
If you've seen Van with a Plan around town, you may have seen:
- Donated groceries and personal care items heading to food banks across CK
- Meal delivery to those experiencing food insecurity
- Health and harm reduction outreach
- Seniors going to and from important appointments
- Citizens facing transportation barriers enjoying outings with service organization
- Vulnerable members of the community going to vote on election day
That's pretty accomplished for a one-year-old!
Van With a Plan is supported by the generosity of our sponsors: Blenheim Chevrolet Buick GMC Limited, Heuvelmans Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac Limited, and Chatham Nissan as well as Impact Graphics, Tek Savvy, Maple City Homes, The Appleton Team of Royal LePage Peifer Realty and through community donations.