United Way of Chatham-Kent – in partnership with several representatives of the nonprofit community – is looking for a passionate, committed individual to lead an exciting project designed to bring public attention to value of the nonprofit sector in Chatham-Kent and to enhance its capacity to improve lives and build community.
Working closely with the Ontario Nonprofit Network, the successful candidate will develop a strong and vibrant network of local nonprofits and will promote teamwork, collaboration and partnerships. Key to the success of the project will be the sharing of experiences, resources, information and lessons learned.
You want to …
- identify the needs of local nonprofit organizations
- build capacity within the nonprofit sector by providing training opportunities for both staff and volunteers of local nonprofits
- educate business and government partners about the socioeconomic value of the nonprofit sector in Chatham-Kent
- liaise with neighbouring nonprofits who can benefit from, and provide input to, the enhancement of local capacity
- research and identify best practices in nonprofit governance
- organize and deliver professional development opportunities and training
- disseminate findings to the community through focus groups, workshops, seminars and special events
- leverage communication tools to “connect” with those individuals working and volunteering in the nonprofit sector
- gather stories and personal testimonials about how nonprofit representatives are making long-lasting measurable change in society
- organize and attend regular meetings of the Chatham-Kent Nonprofit Network Advisory Committee; take and transcribe minutes
- participate and provide feedback in the evaluation of short-term, intermediate and long-term outcomes of the Project
- work with all sectors of the community (business, government and public benefit nonprofit) to achieve Project outcomes
- nurture collaboration among community organizations
You are …
- passionate about your community
- dedicated to, and intimately knowledgeable about, the nonprofit sector within Chatham-Kent
- skilled in both written and verbal communication and relationship management
- social media and WordPress savvy
- an outgoing “people person”
- an innovative thinker
We are looking for someone who has:
- a Post-Secondary Degree or College Diploma in Human and/or Social Services
- a Certificate in Non-Profit Management (a definite asset!)
- significant volunteer history
- project and volunteer management experience
- strong computer and reporting skills
- significant research and analytical skills
- a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- a supportive family who understands the need for evening and weekend commitments … and
- a sense of humour!
This 14-month contract position will commence on or about 2018 JUL 03. Your office will be located at “The 425” – United Way’s Centre for Community Innovation in Chatham, but travel will be required throughout Chatham-Kent.
Salary Range – $31,500 – $45,000.
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
There is potential for ongoing employment following the completion of this contract … should funding be available.
Please submit a resume, together with a cover letter and references, by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, 2018 JUN 01 to:
Director of Operations
United Way of Chatham-Kent
P.O. Box 606
Chatham, ON N7M 5K8