LONG HOURS – BUT THE REWARDS ARE PRICELESS!
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors and approved by-laws and policies. In addition to the foregoing, the successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of overall management and leadership of the organization, its activities, staff and volunteers. This individual will build positive and productive working relationships with a wide range of community stakeholders including funded agencies, donors, funders and the local media.
Working in collaboration with partners in all three sectors of the community – business, government and nonprofit – the Chief Executive Officer will focus on the organization’s Vision – “A strong and vibrant community free of poverty with children achieving all they can be” and its Mission – “To improve lives and build community in Chatham-Kent”.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Strategic Leadership, Policy and Board Relations
- Organizational Operations and Administration
- Department Oversight
- Human Resource Management
- Public Relations and Stakeholder Management
- Funded Agency Relations
- Resource Development and Planned Giving
- Community Investments
- Risk Management
- Facility Management (in Chatham, Tilbury and Wallaceburg)
In support of the organization’s focus on “people helping people”, the successful candidate will possess a nonprofit heart, a business head and a leadership spirit.
You want to …
- raise charitable donations to support priority human service needs
- work with community volunteers to enhance their capacity to give back to their community
- be a part of a passionate team of dedicated community servants
- work with data to identify trends and help to address our community’s most pressing social issues
- plan and implement community fundraising events
You are …
- passionate about your community
- dedicated to supporting the nonprofit sector throughout Chatham-Kent
- skilled in both written and verbal communication and relationship management
- comfortable speaking in public
- an outgoing “people person”
- an innovative and visionary thinker
We are looking for someone who has:
- management experience
- strong computer and reporting skills
- research and analytical skills
- a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- a supportive family who understands the need for flexibility in work hours … and
- a sense of humour!
Significant experience in the nonprofit and business sectors and post-secondary education is a requirement.
This full-time community leadership position will commence in August of 2018 (with time to spend with the current CEO!) Your office will be located at “The 425” – United Way’s Centre for Community Innovation in Chatham. Travel will be required throughout Chatham-Kent.
Salary Range – $68,600 to $98,000
We thank all applicants but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Please submit a resume, together with a cover letter and two references, by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, 2018 JUN 22 to:
CEO Selection Committee
United Way of Chatham-Kent
P.O. Box 606
Chatham, ON N7M 5K8