The Chatham-Kent Block Parent Program Inc. is currently seeking to hire an energetic, creative, responsible summer student for 30hrs/wk for approx 9wks at $15/hr.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Canada Summer Job Grant 2016 – Summer Student Representative
Responsible to the Board of Directors to perform community outreach and office duties as outlined in written contract and verbally agreed to when directed by supervising staff.
Summer position starting end of June: approx 9 weeks, 30 hours per week
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY:
Valid driver’s Licence and Daily access to reliable vehicle
Excellent computer and communication skills
Employment is subject to a vulnerable persons search
Sign and abide by an oath of confidentiality
Strong organizational, and motivational skills
CSJ GRANT ELIGIBILITY:
– was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
– intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
– is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
– is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the time of intake/selections;
– is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident;
– is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations; and
– is not working 30 hours or more per week at another job
Participate in parades, fairs, festival, speaking engagements to raise public awareness of organization.
Be patient, positive, and compassionate to volunteer network, as well as courteous and cooperative to valued partnerships such as CKPS and United Way.
Create and update office forms/educational programs using a computer system.
Keep daily log of duties performed.
All community outreach and office duties outlined in written contract by board of directors and verbal requests by supervising staff.
Resume and cover letter can be emailed to the attention of Tanya Nooyen at email@example.com by May 31st, 2016. Experience in a social field, policing or teaching may be an asset. Only those considered for interviews will be contacted.