(Contract Position – 2016 MAY 02 to 2017 FEB 03)
United Way of Chatham-Kent is looking for a passionate, committed individual to join the 2016 Campaign Team.
Successful candidates will be responsible for planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating annual campaigns within specific geographic regions and sectors of Chatham-Kent including South Chatham-Kent (Blenheim, Ridgetown, Thamesville and Bothwell) AND North Chatham-Kent (Wallaceburg and Dresden).
This role may also include responsibilities within specific campaign divisions in Chatham and assisting with United Way-initiated special events such as the Campaign Kick-Off, Harvest Run and Campaign Touchdown.
Duties may also include training of fund-raising volunteers through the United Way Speakers’ Bureau and collaborating with members of the campaign team on specific strategies for donor engagement.
You want to …
- raise funds to support United Way-funded agencies, programs and services
- work with volunteers to support them in achieving campaign goals for 2016
- be a part of a team by attending and providing input at various meetings and strategy sessions
- work with data to identify trends and help refine campaign strategies
- plan and implement community fundraising events
You are …
- passionate about your community
- dedicated to supporting the nonprofit sector throughout Chatham-Kent
- skilled in both written and verbal communication and relationship management
- comfortable speaking in public
- an outgoing “people person”
- an innovative thinker
We are looking for someone who has:
- a High School Diploma (post-secondary education will be seen as a definite asset)
- significant volunteer history
- project management experience
- strong computer and reporting skills
- research and analytical skills
- a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- a supportive family who understands the need for flexibility in work hours … and
- a sense of humour!
This contract position will commence on or about 2016 MAY 02. An hourly wage of $17.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay will be paid for a 35-hour work week. Your office will be located at “The 425” – United Way’s Centre for Community Innovation in Chatham. Travel will be required throughout Chatham-Kent.
We thank all applicants but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Please submit a resume, together with a cover letter and two references, by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, 2016 APR 01 to:
Chief Executive Officer
United Way of Chatham-Kent
P.O. Box 606
Chatham, ON N7M 5K8