Contract Positions – 2015 JUL 06 to 2016 JAN 29
United Way of Chatham-Kent is looking for up to three passionate, committed individuals to join the 2015 Campaign Team.
Successful candidates will be responsible for planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating annual campaigns within specific geographic regions and sectors of Chatham-Kent including South Chatham-Kent (Blenheim, Ridgetown, Thamesville and Bothwell) AND North Chatham-Kent (Wallaceburg and Dresden).
This role may also include responsibilities within specific campaign divisions in Chatham and assisting with United Way-initiated special events such as the Amazing Race, Campaign Kick-Off, Harvest Run and Campaign Touchdown.
Duties may also include training of fund-raising volunteers through the United Way Speakers’ Bureau and collaborating with members of the campaign team on specific strategies for donor engagement.
You want to …
– raise funds to support United Way-funded agencies, programs and services
– work with volunteers to support them in achieving campaign goals for 2015
– be a part of a team by attending and providing input at various meetings and strategy sessions
– work with data to identify trends and help refine campaign strategies
– plan and implement community fundraising events
You are …
– passionate about your community
– dedicated to supporting the nonprofit sector throughout Chatham-Kent
– skilled in both written and verbal communication and relationship management
– comfortable speaking in public
– an outgoing “people person”
– an innovative thinker
We are looking for someone who has:
– a High School Diploma (post-secondary education will be seen as a definite asset)
– significant volunteer history
– project management experience
– strong computer and reporting skills
– research and analytical skills
– a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
– a supportive family who understands the need for flexibility in work hours … and
– a sense of humour!
This contract position will commence on or about 2015 JUL 6. An hourly wage of $17.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay will be paid for a 35-hour work week. Your office will be located at “The 425” – United Way’s Centre for Community Innovation in Chatham OR at the Wallaceburg Information and HELP Centre. Travel will be required throughout Chatham-Kent.
We thank all applicants but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Please submit a resume, together with a cover letter and two references, by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, 2015 MAY 22 to:
Chief Executive Officer
United Way of Chatham-Kent
P. O. Box 606
Chatham, ON N7M 5K8