United Way is looking for a dynamic and engaged team member who is passionate about youth engagement and improving people’s lives.
UNITED WAY OF CHATHAM-KENT
PROJECT COORDINATOR: YOUTH ENGAGEMENT (CONTRACT)
(Proposed start date – 2014 JUNE 2 to 2014 DEC 31)
The Project Coordinator, Youth Engagement (Contract) is responsible for the implementation of the work plan for the Building Community Capacity through Youth Engagement Project, funded by the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration.
The successful candidate will report to United Way Chatham-Kent CEO, and work closely with United Way staff and a range of community partners to implement and promote youth engagement initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project management
- Event planning for fundraising and community engagement initiatives
- Volunteer management
- Administrative support to the Youth Engagement Partnership group.
Essential skills include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior planning, organizing and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage the demands of multiple, overlapping time frames and deadlines
- Proficiency in taking minutes and excellent interpersonal skills
- Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license and occasional evening and weekend work are required.
Interested candidates please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 606 Chatham, Ontario N7M 5K8. Application deadline is April 30, 2014.